LSO Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant of the Longmont Symphony Orchestra reports directly to the Executive Director and supports the Board of Directors as needed. Familiarity with computer systems/software and financial management is required and some knowledge of orchestras is desired. Excellent written and oral communication skills are also required; two years of college education preferred.
Duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, providing support to the Executive Director; running the office and box office and managing the organization’s general administrative activities.
Administrative Assistant Tasks
- answer phone and emails daily; collect mail
- pay bills and send invoices; reconcile credit card statements; deposit and withdraw monies
- draft agendas and other documents as requested for Board of Directors meetings
- write checks for musicians’ fees
- update balance sheet of income and expenses
- maintain office equipment and supplies
- maintain donor database and send thank-you letters
- manage benefits for donors (comp tickets, season tickets, etc.)
- coordinate with guest artists and/or their agents to acquire biographies and photos for season brochure
- proofing program prior to printing
- be knowledgeable in all aspects of the ED position
- general housekeeping – including emptying/taking out trash, vacuuming, etc.
- assist Executive Director, Marketing Consultant, and Board members in tasks as requested
Box Office Manager Tasks
- manage ticket sales (phone, online, walk in, will call or mail) for all concerts
- set up ticket software for season and individual concerts
- provide comp tickets to musicians for concerts; provide tickets/certificates for non-profit requests
- supervise volunteers for box office at concerts
- keep track of ticket income from each particular concert
Concert Night Logistics Coordinator
- organize and transport materials needed for concert (signs, props, laptops, cash box, programs)
- set up lobby and box office at the concert venue and take down after the concert
Days of the week and office hours are flexible and will be negotiated with Executive Director. A maximum of 18 hours/week scheduled as office time, plus concert/event days. Hourly salary is $16.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is Friday, October 26. Ideal job starting date is Monday, November 5.